The Gang from Cheeky Chops
1. Tell us a bit about yourself….
Well Cheeky Chops is not just one person, it is me Joanna my right Arm Vicky , Kerry, Joe, Jenny and My Mum.
As for me. I’m 41 two amazing but hormonal teenage boys Jack and Bobbie. I love cheesy 80’s music and have a Tom Hardy Obsession. My life has been turned upside down in 2020 so starting all over again and lets see what adventures are ahead.
2. How did you get into the creative/greeting card industry?
I started selling invitations on ebay when I was on maternity leave with my secound son. My sister in law and my friend both had a birthday on the same day and there where no cards that summed them up, so I just made them one. They loved them, so it can’t of started from there.
3. What have been your biggest challenges to get to where you are today?
Probably myself. I am my own worst enemy. Sometimes full of self doubt and feel like I don’t know what I am doing sometimes. I have learned most people feel like this, so I except how I feel and keep going. If people don’t like my cards, that is fine. Not everyone likes everything.
4. What has been the proudest moment of your career?
Actually getting listed on Moonpig. It was always a goal to aim for, now I am on it i have to reset some new goals.
5. Do you have anyone or anything in mind when designing your cards?
I always design cards with people in mind. From friends, neighbours and family. There is quite often a person in mind with every card I make.
6. What is the best card you’ve ever been given?
My son made me a card when I completed my first marathon. It stands pride of place in the kitchen still.
7. Which is your favourite card you ever designed and why?
M13 - Designed for my Mum 3 years ago for Mothers day. It was also are best selling card of all time.
8. We love that your cards are just as the name suggests - cheeky! What is the cheekiest card you have designed?
Again it would be M13. It is honest and blunt and ode to my mad mothers.
9. What do you love most about your job/brand?
I love the fact I can put whatever I think on a card and someone buys it. Having suffered with mental illness for a large part of my life. Making someone smile and lifting their mood makes me smile. Life can be awful, but making someone smile is amazing.
10. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
My boys are my inspiration. They push me on when I want to give up. They also drive me completely crazy but I would not swap them for the world.