What to Write in a Valentine’s Day Card
Valentine’s Day is nearly upon us, and we all know what that means – trying to choose the perfect card for your love. And – if you’re anything like us – panicking a bit to try and write the perfect message. Because choosing the words that sum up exactly how you feel about your beloved can be a little tricky, even for born romantics.
So don’t worry lovebirds – even if you’re feeling a bit unsure, don’t panic! Because at Moonpig we’ve mastered the language of love. Every one of us is an aspiring Cupid, ready to help you get those V-Day sparks flying.
We’ve got a great bit of inspiration if you’re feeling a little lost for words. Whether you’re experiencing young love, or you’re celebrating years of marriage, we can help you find the words that capture that beautiful, magical thing we call love.
We’ve got some suggestions for how to write a Valentine’s Day card that will make your better half feel like they’re the luckiest person in the world.
Here’s a few tips to help you get started:
Speak from the Heart
It sounds obvious, but it’s easy to put yourself under too much pressure.
When it comes to writing your Valentine’s Day card, it’s hard not to get caught up in all the wonderfully romantic things you should be writing. And that’s why we’re here to say – let yourself off the hook!
A Valentine’s Day card is an opportunity to say the things you might not always say out loud. It’s a message from you to your partner about what makes them and your relationship special. Just write from the heart and be yourself.
Practice writing out your message a few times and read it back to yourself. If it feels honest, natural, how you truly feel – then you’re golden.
Heartfelt or funny? It’s up to you!
A good Valentine’s Day card is a reflection of your relationship.
If you’re always cracking jokes and making each other laugh, then a message that’s a bit more funny might be the way to go.
If you want to use Valentine’s Day as a chance to show your partner just how much you love them, then you’ll probably want to say something that’s a little more charming and intimate.
But above all, you’ll know what feels right for your relationship.
Still looking for a bit more inspiration? Well, not to worry – because we’ve got a few carefully crafted messages that’ll do the trick.
Writing a Valentine’s Day Card for your Husband or Wife
As you probably already know, Valentine’s Day as a married couple is a bit of a big deal! It’s the one day when you’ve got to let your spouse know just how much you love and appreciate them (on the good days and the bad days!).
But there’s an upside – if you’re married, you also don’t need to worry about going overboard. You can be just as cheesy as you want, they’re stuck with you!
Here’s a few suggestions to inspire you:
- Even when we’re old and grey and wrinkly, I’ll still fancy the pants off you.
- Marrying me was the best decision you ever made. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- (10 years) married, and I still can’t believe my luck. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Definitely putting the kids to bed early tonight!
- Every day I am grateful that I said, ‘I do’. I love you so much.
Writing a Funny Valentine’s Day Card
So you’ve decided to write a funny Valentine’s Card this year! Good call, everyone knows funny is sexy. (At least, that’s what we keep telling ourselves.)
Maybe you’re just recently got together and want to keep it light. Maybe you’ve been together ages but still just love trying to make your better half laugh. Whatever your reasons, we can help you write a message that makes your partner smile!
You know your other half’s sense of humour better than we do, but here’s a few ideas to help you get started:
- When Lionel Richie said, ‘Hello?’ it was you he was looking for.
- I’m very glad I deleted all my dating apps for you.
- There is nobody I’d rather sit on the sofa and watch 5 hours of Netflix with.
- It’s too late to swap me now! Happy Valentine’s Day.
Writing a Romantic Valentine’s Day Card
Feeling a little more lovey-dovey? Do prefer to woo? Writing a card that’s a bit more romantic can be a challenge, but we know you’re up to it. This is your chance to be as romantic and lovey-dovey as you want.
Whether you’re letting someone know how you really feel about them, or you’re expressing all the things that might not get said during the everyday part of a relationship – we want to help you
- I hope I come close to making you as happy as you make me. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- To the most beautiful, incredible soul I have ever met. I can’t imagine life without you. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- To the loveliest, tenderest and most beautiful person I have ever known, Happy Valentine’s Day.
- I know I don’t always say it – but I love you from the bottom of my heart
Galentines and Palentines! Writing a Valentine’s Day Card for Friends
Single and loving it? Want a way to celebrate with your single friends and turn Valentine’s Day into a special day that’s a little more your style? Then send a few Galentines and Palentines Day cards!
They’re the Valentine’s Day cards you send to your friends to celebrate your shared singledom. This is the perfect chance to make jokes about cringy couples, bad dates, and how much better it is to spend Valentine’s Day with your friends celebrating single life.
- Sisters before misters! Will you be my Galentine?
- Happy Palentine’s Day! Thanks for being you.
- Boyfriends come and go, but I’m not going anywhere!
- Valentine’s Day is terrible. Let’s drink wine.
- You deserve this more than anyone. Happy Valentine’s Day to my best friend!