What To Write In A Christmas Card
What to write in a Christmas card? Surely it’s simple? Well, sort of. There are rules. Well, not rules. Guidelines. Because the thing is, messages at this time of year have extra cut-through. Meaning they can reach people in an extra special way. And that matters. Friends and family deserve to know you care. In fact, everyone deserves to know that people care for them. The simplicity of a well-written Christmas card can be a beautiful and touching thing. So, without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about writing a special Christmas message:
Writing a Short Card Message
A short Christmas card is likely to be something you’d send to a neighbour or a work colleague, or even the chap at your local corner shop who is always nothing but lovely to you. Short, sweet, and meaningful is the name of the game here.
Try giving one of these short messages a go:
- The merriest of Christmases to you and your family.
- Have yourself a Merry little Christmas, let your heart be light.
- Ho, Ho, Ho! Hope you’ve been good this year.
- Merry Christmas! Hope your stocking is full to the brim this year!
Writing a Christmas Card For Someone You Love
Make it heartfelt. Make it sincere. Make it count. What better occasion to tell someone how you feel than a Christmas? The written word has the power to crystallise thoughts and feelings in the simplest, clearest way. A handwritten, earnest message is a gorgeous thing, don’t be afraid to spill your heart onto that page! Here are some ideas to help get you get started:
- Cuddling up in your arms and falling asleep in front of the telly. That’s Christmas to me.
- With you, Christmas feels all that more special.
- There is no present under the tree that’s better than waking up and seeing you next to me every day.
- Each Christmas I spend with you, the more grateful I am.
- Your smile on Christmas morning is the only way to start my day.
Christmas Card Messages For Family
For better and, occasionally - for worse! Christmas is a time for family. And that might mean seeing a few faces you don’t see so often. But they’re blood, so you’ve got to be nice. Or at least try to be. A card is a reminder that you care, and that always goes down well – especially with older relatives.
Here’s a few suggestions to kickstart your inspiration on writing a Christmas card for family members:
- You can’t choose your family, but even if you could, I’d still choose you!
- Looking forward to spending time with you this Christmas.
- Another year, another Christmas! Can’t wait to catch up with you.
- A special time of year with special people. Now, let’s crack open the prosecco!
Christmas Card Messages For Friends
You can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends! Writing to a pal is where you pen flows free, maybe you have your own language, your own private jokes – let that fall onto the page. Show them you value their friendship, and write with personality and pizazz.
Here are a few sentences to kickstart your imagination with writing Christmas card messages for your besties:
- Party season is here my friend! Can’t wait to deck the halls with you this year.
- You’ve seen me at my best. You’ve certainly seen me at my worst. Yet here you are… Thanks for always being my closest pal. Merry Christmas!
- You’ll always be my friend… You know too much! Happy Christmas to my number one.