What to Write in Your Christmas Card
Writer’s block isn’t just something for people wearing turtlenecks, sat in Starbucks with a Macbook writing their debut novel (trust us, you should have seen how long it took us to write that sentence). So, you’ve spent ages finding the perfect Christmas card for that special someone, and you have all these feelings you want to express...but...when confronted with that blank page...what on earth do you write? Have no fear, help is at hand! We’ve put together a list of festive message ideas for all the people in your life, making sure that you’ll know exactly how to say how much they mean to you this Christmas.
Romantic Things to Write in Your Christmas Card
If you’re looking to express your undying adoration for your husband, fiance, bae, sweetheart, boo, baby doll, ball and chain, main squeeze or cat this Christmas, then look no further. We’ve compiled a list of romantic sweet nothings you can write in their card this year and sweep them off their feet.
- Merry Christmas, I love you more and more every year!
- Screw the mistletoe, you can kiss me anytime you like!
- You are the egg to my nog, and I love you. Merry Christmas!
- There is no present under the tree that’s better than waking up and seeing you next to me every day.
- All I want for Christmas is you!
Heartfelt Things to Write in Your Christmas Card
Whether you’re writing a card for your family or your friends, Christmas is an amazing opportunity to tell them exactly how you feel, and just how important they are to you. Say something heartfelt and meaningful, and put a huge smile on their face this year. Go on, feel all the feels.
- You can’t choose your family, but even if you could, I’d still choose you!
- Merry Christmas! Mum, thank you for everything you do for me.
- You make each Christmas and every day in between so special, and I love you so much!
- We’ve shared so many amazing memories together, and I am so glad to be spending another Christmas with you. Have a wonderful day!
- Christmas isn’t a day, it’s a feeling. I am so lucky to have you in my life, I love you Dad!
- Every snowflake is unique, and you are just as special and magical to me. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Jokey Things to Write in Your Christmas Card
It’s finally time to one-up the Christmas cracker jokes with your cards this year! We’ve got the perfect ideas for your bestie, brother, or that one Uncle we all have that posts memes to his Facebook page approximately 5 times a minute (ours is called Richard). Well, now you can wish them all a Merry Christmas and make them laugh at the same time - two birds, one stone!
- What’s a dinosaur’s least favourite reindeer? Comet! (sorry, too soon?)
- Christmas is cancelled. Apparently, you told Father Christmas you’ve been good this year…and he died laughing. RIP Santa.
- I put so much thought into your gift that it’s now too late to get it. Oops. Merry Christmas anyway!
- What does Miley Cyrus eat for Christmas dinner? Twerky!
- It’s Christmas! Let’s binge eat in the name of Jesus!
Punny Things to Write in Your Christmas Card
It’s the most punderful time of the year! And there’s nothing like some hilarious wordplay in their card to make them ho-ho-ho. So we’ve compiled our favourite list of festive puns for your delight. Oh, and just when you think we’re finished...there’s myrrh (we’ll see ourselves out).
- Sorry for the cheesy message, but I hope you have a gouda Christmas and an even feta new year!
- There’s snowbody else for me baby, I only have ice for you! I ho-ho-hope you have an amazing Christmas this year!
- Wishing you fifty shades of sleigh!
- You’re a rebel without a Claus!
Classic Things to Write in Your Christmas Card
And finally, these old reliables are classics for a reason! Charming, festive and beautifully simple. The perfect thing to write in any Christmas card to brighten their day.
Here’s to a season filled with warmth, comfort and good cheer!
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Happy Christmas to you and yours from me and mine!
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!