What to Write in a Birthday Card?
Whether they’re turning five or 55, birthdays should be a spectacular day for your nearest and dearest. It’s a perfect excuse to show lots of BIG love and appreciation to the favourite people in your life. No matter if you choose a Moonpig that pulls on the heartstrings or one that makes them laugh out loud (and, maybe even brings out a few snorts), it’s the message inside that leaves the biggest impression. It’s a brilliant opportunity to add a personal touch and bring on all the feels. If you need a helping hand on writing a thoughtful birthday message that they’ll cherish forever, we’re here to help. We’d like to be modest, but here at Moonpig HQ, we spend all of our days crafting memorable messages designed to bring out the biggest smiles for all your faves. Whether you want to write something funny, emotional, or something in between, we've got you covered with our birthday message suggestions below.
Writing a Birthday Card Message for Your Best Friend
You've been through everything together. They've been there for you through the good times, the break-ups, and so many questionable moments in between. They've danced with you in the rain while you've waited for the storm to pass. They’ve picked you up when you're feeling utterly blah-tastic, and lifted you up even higher when you're riding on top of the world. They're your partner in crime, your ride or die, your best friend. Your best friend's birthday is a brilliant time to tell them how much you adore them and value their friendship.
- A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.
- To my sister from another mister, you're not just my best friend, you're my soulmate. I love you more than you could ever know.
- You will always be my best friend, you simply know too much about me.
- Thank you for being the best friend this world has ever seen. Bestie, you rock!
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. Thanks for all your love and support.
- Thank you for always being in my corner in this crazy thing called life. Happy birthday.
- It's hard to find a friend who is funny, smart, pretty and loyal. You're one lucky human.
- Here's to another year of laughing at our own jokes until it hurts, and keeping each other sane.
Writing a Birthday Message for Your Manager
After making the rounds around the office, the birthday card for your manager finally lands on your desk, but what to write? Obviously, you want the credit of writing the most thoughtful and funny message in the office, but also with a dash of cheekiness thrown in for good measure. But, what to say?
- You're not just the boss, but a friend and an inspiration. Happy Birthday!
- May you live long and never retire because we like you so much that we don't ever want to lose you.
- Great managers buy everyone drinks on their birthday! Mine is a large glass of red, please.
Writing a Birthday Message for Your In-Laws
Whether you watch Antiques Roadshow over tea and biscuits on rainy Saturday afternoons or plan last-minute escapes across the Channel when they come into town, everyone has a unique relationship with their in-laws. No matter what you want to say we have a few ideas to get you started on a birthday card for your in-laws.
- I’m so fortunate to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! Thank you for always making me feel like part of the family. P.S. one of these days I will finally nail the recipe to your shepherd’s pie.
- To the coolest dude on the planet (shhh… don’t tell my husband). Thanks for being the best father-in-law a gal could ask for. Lots of love.
- Happy birthday to a mother-in-law I actually enjoy hanging out with.
- You're my favourite father-in-law so far… wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
Writing a Birthday Message For The Dog
Dogs, doggies, pups, oh my! For dog owners, their furry friends are equally, and let’s be honest, sometimes more important than the other people in their lives. Nothing lights up a long day than coming home to their bright excited eyes and endless cuddles. They simply make everything so much more PAWsitive. Sorry, we couldn’t resist a good ‘ol puppy pun. Show all your love for your favourite four-legged friend with our dog happy birthday card messages.
- Happy woofing birthday to my dearest pup!
- Have a positively pawsome birthday. I absolutely woof you.
- Happy birthday to my best friend. May your day be filled with hours upon hours of happy barks, joyful plays, and delicious treats.
Writing a Birthday Card Message For Your Godchild
So you're a godparent? Congrats! Being asked to be a godparent is a big deal, one really huge compliment. It means your friend thinks you’re loyal, reliable, generous, loving, just to name a few… and that you will be a positive influence in their child's life. Wow, go you!
When it comes to writing a birthday message for your god-daughter or godson just think about a few of their favourite things. Do they love Peppa Pig, PAW Patrol, or do they simply go wild for colour-splashed unicorns? No matter what gets them all types of excited, we have a few suggestions on what to write in your godchild’s card.
- Happy birthday to a special little lady. We love you so very much.
- You’re just as unique as a neon unicorn. I hope you have a truly magical day.
- It's been a pleasure watching you grow into the lovely little lady that you are today. Have a brilliant birthday.
- Happy birthday to my favourite godchild! Now, let's eat cake and watch PAW Patrol all day.
Writing a Card Message for a Milestone Birthday
Not all birthdays are equal! For those BIG birthdays, the huge ones, the milestones, they deserve a truly remarkable (or ferociously cheeky) birthday message.
- Welcome to your dirty 30s my fine friend. You’re now at the age when you stop sweating the small stuff and your hangovers last for days. Enjoy the ride.
- Like fine wine, you're getting more palatable the older you get. Happy 40th birthday!
- You’re not old, you’re just vintage… besides, that’s all the rage these days.