Junior .Net Developer
Junior .Net Developer
Location: Southwark, London
Please contact: email@example.com
Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group which operates under a family of brands including PhotoBox, Sticky9, Hofmann, PosterXXL and, of course, Moonpig.com.
The Moonpig team of c.150 share a large open plan creative hub in Southwark, SE1, whilst our 40 strong production team is split between our London NW10 (Park Royal) and our Guernsey locations.
We don’t sell ‘off the shelf’ products … we’re personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
In July 2011 Moonpig.com, the world’s largest online personalised greeting card retailer, merged with PhotoBox, creating Europe’s leading personalised publishing group with a focus on online retailing of greeting and gift cards and digital photo services, including printing, storage, sharing and publishing. In November 2014 we acquired what was Europes fifth largest photobook retailer, the Spanish photobook firm Hofmann, which gave us an enviable reach into Spain, and further galvanised our position as the market leader in Photobooks. Then, in June 2015, PhotoBox acquired PosterXXL GmbH, one of Germany’s leading providers of photo services in digital printing.
The PhotoBox Group of Companies boast more than 19 million members with approximately 7 million active customers in 22 countries. The estimated value of the combined group’s core markets – the UK single card market and the European online photography market – is more than £2 billion and is growing at 17 % per annum. In 2015 he group had a combined turnover in excess of £215m and that represents a 22.8% year-on-year revenue growth and is ideally positioned to meet the growing demand for innovative and convenient online-personalized publishing solutions.
Role will include
- Working as part of our talented development team to help deliver Moonpig ambitious roadmap.
- Developing and maintaining Moonpig e-commerce website, API’s and back office systems.
- Connecting to and authoring new REST API's.
- Creating automated test of new services.
- Working with cloud based solutions primarily Azure services - E.g. Cloud Services, Service Bus, Blob/Table Storage etc.
- Collaborating with the other developers in the team through paired programming, sprint meetings and around the tea & coffee machine.
- Your own development in areas such as clean code, agile and other best practices.
- A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
- 12+ months commercial experience developing in C# or similar ideally with test driven development / TDD
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedicated to learning and self-improvement
- Experience working within an Agile and Devops team, and an advocate of that culture
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field
- A thorough understanding of software engineering practises and best practises, including Agile software development, source code control systems and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools
- An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practises
- Experience working with C#.NET, ASP.net MVC, Web API and SQL Server
What can we offer?
- A great working environment based in newly refurbished offices based in Southwark, London that is only an 8-minute walk to Southwark and London Bridge underground stations with Waterloo only a 15 minute walk away. Our NW10 office is located a 10 minute walk from Harlesden Station which is accessed via either the Overground or Bakerloo line.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation with an ambitious and exciting roadmap and have a great team around you.
- Team training budget
- 20 days annual leave rising x1 per year to max of 25 days
- 15% Discretionary Yearly Bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance x4 Salary
- Your choice of Apple or Windows Laptop
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £5000 Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- PhotoBox account loaded with £70 credit to spend each year
- The South Bank, Borough Market and the Tate Modern on the doorstep.
- Oh…. and we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, Nespresso machines in the kitchens, and monthly birthday cake/beer/soft drinks and a great social scene if you want it.